Effective energy management isn’t just good for business, it’s also becoming a requirement. And the best way to achieve it is with ISO 50001. The international standard outlines energy management practices that are considered to be the best, globally.
From large retailers to smaller manufacturers and small businesses, the standard offers organizations the opportunity to become more resilient against energy costs and availability.
Companies that have used ISO 50001 Energy Management standard have managed to improve quality and environmental management. Even though the ISO 50001 is not obligatory, organizations worldwide can face a high number of benefits by obtaining this certification.
Managing Sustainability Challenges
The benefits of implementing ISO 50001 Energy Management, including:
- Meet mandatory energy efficiency goals or legislations
- Reduce energy costs
- Reduced carbon footprint and greenhouse-gas emissions
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organization
- Provides continual assessment and improvement
- Less polluted, healthier and safer environment