ISO 29001 – Sector specific quality management systems
ISO/TS 29001 (published in 2003) defines the quality management system requirements for the design, development, production, installation and service of products for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
Developed as a direct result of a partnership between ISO and the international oil and gas industry (led by the American Petroleum Institute – API), ISO 29001 specifically focuses on the oil and gas supply chain.
The ISO/TS 29001 standard is based on ISO 9001 and incorporates supplementary requirements emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste from service providers.
These requirements have been developed separately to ensure that they are clear and auditable. They also provide global consistency and improved assurance in the supply quality of goods and services from providers. This is particularly important when the failure of goods or services have severe ramifications for the companies and industries involved.
This standard is for all organizations working within the oil and gas industry supply chain. Certification to ISO/TS 29001 ensures standardization and improvement within the sector.
ISO 29001 - Benefits
- Customer loyalty
- Repeat business and referral
- Operational results such as revenue and market share
- Flexible and fast responses to market opportunities
- Costs and cycle times through effective and efficient use of resources
- Alignment of processes which will best achieve desired results
- Competitive advantage through improved organizational capabilities
- Understanding and motivation of people towards the organization’s goals and objectives, as well as participation in continual improvement
- Confidence of interested parties in the objectiveness and efficiency of the organization, as demonstrated by the financial and social benefits from the organization’s performance, product life cycle, and reputation
- Ability to create value for both the organization and its suppliers by optimization of costs and resources as well as flexibility and speed of joint responses to changing markets.
- Office No. 31, Sai Prasad Akruti Nirman, Akruti Trade Center, MIDC, Road No. 7, Near ESIC Office, Andheri (East) 400093 Maharashtra India