ISO 28000 – Supply Chain Security Management System
ISO 28000:2007 identifies the needs for a security management system, including those aspects dangerous to security assurance of the provide chain. Security management is linked to many other aspects of business management. Aspects include all activities controlled or prejudiced by organizations that impact on supply chain security. These other aspects should be considered frankly, where and when they have an impact on security management, including transporting these goods beside the supply chain.
For organizations working within, or relying on, the logistics industry, certification to the ISO 28000:2007 supply chain management standard offers a precious framework. It will support minimize the risk of security incidents and therefore support offer problem-free ‘just in time’ delivery of goods and supplies.
ISO 28000:2007 is appropriate for all sizes and types of organizations that are involved in the production of goods, manufacturing, services, storage or transportation at any stage of the products, enlargement or movement in the supply chain.
ISO 28000 recognize necessities for implementing and operating a SMS, including organizational (security) structure, authorized personnel dependable for security management, assessing and maintaining competence of personnel and training for personnel responsible for security.
Benefits of ISO 28000:2007 Certification
- Improved credibility and brand acknowledgment
- Greater compliance procedures
- Systematized management practices
- Integrated enterprise pliability
- Benchmarking against globally identifiable criteria
- Aligned terminology and conceptual usage
- Enhanced supply chain performance
- Office No. 31, Sai Prasad Akruti Nirman, Akruti Trade Center, MIDC, Road No. 7, Near ESIC Office, Andheri (East) 400093 Maharashtra India