ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
ISO 27001 is an international standard published by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), and it describes how to manage information security in a company. The latest revision of this standard was published in 2013, and its complete title is now ISO/IEC 27001:2013. The first revision of the standard was published in 2005, and it was developed based on the British standard BS 7799-2.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 specifies the needs for establishing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving an information security management system within the context of the organization. It also includes needs for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the requirements of the organization. The necessities set out in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size or nature.
ISO 27001 Information Security and data security brings supreme significance to data for organizations internationally. Business that are safeguarding both their client and company data against possible threats. By integrating a robust information security management system your organization can make sure that the quality, safety, service and product reliability of your organization has been safeguarded to the highest level.
Benefits of ISO 27001:2013
- Framework demonstrates legal and regulatory needs, no law breaking no penalties
- Business differentiator provided that competitive advantage over similar organizations
- Business capable to sustain and support growth with controls in place
- Decrease in incidents and maintain costs, more time spent on productivity
- Pro active management of risk and status, staff aware, roles and processes in place
- Enhance in business as clients / suppliers recognize a credible trusted partner
- Enlarge in Government tender opportunities as a compliance necessity
- Repeatable, sustainable processes easy to keep up to date when regulation changes
- Office No. 31, Sai Prasad Akruti Nirman, Akruti Trade Center, MIDC, Road No. 7, Near ESIC Office, Andheri (East) 400093 Maharashtra India